TU2: Firebase Hosting and 'What's new' in Add-ons
Broadcast Date: 12 Aug 2016
Speakers: Spencer Easton and Steve Webster
In this show with the end of life for Google Drive web hosting we have Spencer Easton back demonstrating some cloud options for hosting resources for your Apps Scripts with Firebase. We've also got Google Add-ons expert Steve Webster joining us showing us an easy way to push 'What's New' to your existing add-on users.
- Project Key Deprecation Clarification
- Hosting for your files instead of Google Drive (Google Storage) example from +Ivan Kutil
- Find out more about how you can still host images on Google Drive (see comments)
- +Bruce Mcpherson's post on exponential backoff
- Setting up Google Cloud storage for hosting your domain
Firebase Hosting and 'What's new' in Add-ons
A shorter version of the full show in which Spencer Easton covers Firebase for file hosting in Google Apps Script and Steve Webster shows us how you can keep you Add-on users up-to-date with in application notifications.